Friday, November 13, 2009

Ice Cream in the Morning!

The air conditioning in my car has died a slow and painful death (it breathed its last about six months ago). During the Florida summer heat, our car got a little toasty (I haven't figured out how to get the child-safety locks off of the back windows, so they only open partially, further adding to the problem). We will eventually get it working again, but even Florida cools somewhat by November, so it's no longer a top priority :-)
I began, sometimes, to get Quintin small ice cream cones from McDonald's on our Mondays' commute from St. Petersburg, home to Zephyhills (the other days of the week, we leave St. Petersburg late in the evening, so the heat wasn't as much of an issue). For purposes of full disclosure, I should note here that I took only small spoonfulls of the ice cream for myself -- it was all about the kid, I swear!
This last Tuesday morning, we passed those golden arches and Quintin began wailing, "Ice Cream! Ice Cream!" I told him that McDonald's doesn't make ice cream in the mornings because most people wait until late in the day to eat things like ice cream. He was quiet for several minutes, and then began chanting at the top of his lungs, "Ice cream in the morning! Ice cream in the morning!" He continued all the way to St. Pete! In a perfect world, Quintin, Mommy would give you ice cream all day every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment