Monday, November 30, 2009

Family Time




Our family was blessed with a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We celebrated first by sleeping in (until 8:30!) for the first time in many months -- much needed rest! By noon, we were seated at a cozy round table for an incredible buffet lunch at the St. Petersburg Yacht Club, hosted by Great-Grandmother Slicker, with (Great) Uncle Will, Cousins Vanessa & Rebecca, Mom (Nana) and Dad (Grandaddy) Slicker, and (Uncle) Rodney. Looking around our noisy table reminded me of the many wonderful meals we shared together at Grandmother's over the years -- Grandmother herself represents, for me, the most beautiful parts of the holidays: faith, family, love. Because this togetherness always takes me back to a simpler time in my own life, sheltered by my loving & nurturing family, it is an extra pleasure (and unique sensation!) to share it with my new family -- my wonderful husband & son. I am certainly one lucky gal!
After lunch, we headed to Mom & Dad Slicker's home for a laid-back afternoon, followed by a second Thanksgiving meal, courtesy of Mom:-). As I don't often see my brother Rodney, spending time with him was a real joy (something I'd been looking forward to with much anticipation!), and "Uncle" Nick & "Aunt Sarah joined us as well (with discussion of a new house & wedding in the works!).

No comments:

Post a Comment