Friday, August 13, 2010

Toys R Us Kid







Recently, Quintin & I had some free time before we'd arranged to meet Daddy at the playground. I was inspired to find an indoor play area, since it was a very hot day, and decided (our options were pitifully few!) on Toys R Us. I was a little nervous, since we're on a very tight budget & couldn't, unfortunately, bring any toys home with us, but Quintin had an awesome time "visiting" the toys! First, we played on the mechanical train at the entrance (Mommy did cough up enough for a ride, lol!). After walking down aisle after aisle of fantastic toys of every description (Quintin kept yelling, "Look, Mommy, Look!"), we settled down in the train area -- Quintin was fascinated by the store's demo train table, and played, completely absorbed, for almost an hour! I don't usually have the opportunity to so closely observe his independent play, since I use these times to work, and felt incredibly blessed by the chance to watch Quintin explore the train's village & intricate track system with such joy!

A couple weeks later, I passed a garage sale with a train table displayed for $20. I bought the thing, resolving to sell it immediately if Kevin objected (he didn't, of course!). We don't have many tracks or trains, since this one didn't come with any of its own (it did, however, come with a few buildings!) -- but, Quintin still loves it & begs for Daddy & I to join him in playing with it each night :-D We are such a lucky family!

No comments:

Post a Comment