Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Enjoying the Pinellas Trail






Pinellas County has an awesome pedestrian trail that's over thirty-four miles long! Quintin and I pass sections of it frequently while we're in St. Petersburg and Quintin recently began begging to walk on the "bridges" he saw above the busy roads we use. I'm usually unable to stop, and have had to refuse him a number of times. Today, however, we had a few extra minutes, since we're staying in St. Petersburg with my parents tonight to save some on gas & time (I'll be working in St. Pete each day this week). Quintin was VERY excited to finally get the chance to explore a pedestrian bridge, and RAN up the long, steep ramp leading over the road! He waved enthusiastically to passing cars for a very long time, lol, and even got some waves in return! Mommy got some free exercise (I've been longing for a gym membership but, obviously, could spend the time instead running up and down pedestrian bridges with my precious son!) :-D We've been getting a lot of rain this week, and there were puddles galore; Quintin managed to run through every single one, I think! I wish I could have gotten better pictures, since Quintin had such an ecstatic expression the entire time we were up there, but because he was constantly running & jumping, getting pictures was pretty tricky, lol; I'll have to simply treasure the mental images I took today;-). It began pouring rain just as we ran down the ramp towards the lot where I'd left the car. I'd parked quite a distance from the ramp, but fortunately, there was a dollar store very near, so we ran in and bought an umbrella. Quintin loved getting the job of holding it over us, so the purchase was a great final touch to our special time together :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment